Not many people know the benefit of jojoba oil for keratosis pilaris. In fact, jojoba oil has rich substances of vitamin E that helps curing keratosis pilaris. Keratosis pilaris is one of genetic disorder that shown as red/white and very small on this skin. The small bumps will then form when the hair follicle is blocked by immense production of keratin protein. This condition is mostly known as chicken skin due to its appearance. People with keratosis pilaris often experience emotional distress, even though it is not contagious and totally harmless. It may get worsen or cleared spontaneously without or with treatment.
In fact, dry skin makes the tiny bumps appearance worse. For most people, summer months are the best time for keratosis pilaris to get almost cleared whilst winter months make it worse. Usually, as the person grows older, the skin condition will also improve. Meanwhile, it may also continue to exist for many years. Thus, are there any powerful ways to cure this disorder? Jojoba oil may be your best answer to cure this. below are several facts related with benefit of jojoba oil for keratosis pilaris that you should know.
Benefit of jojoba oil for keratosis pilaris
- quick healing and very helpful to cure immense keratin
- avoid skin from getting dry and make it stay moisturized
- rejuvenate the damaged skin as well as reduces the small bumps through its rich substances of vitamin E
3 ways to use jojoba oil for keratosis pilaris
Actually, there are many ways you can try to use jojoba oil for curing keratosis pilaris. One of which are:
1. Pure jojoba oil
If you want to get relief from keratosis pilaris, then the steps below are very fundamental for you to do your daily regiment.
- Spread sufficient amounts of jojoba oil onto the targeted areas
- Let the skin consume the oil completely
- Repeat this process several times a day.
2. Jojoba oil plus salt
Below are the several aspects you can do by mixing jojoba oil with salt:
- Mix 3 tbs of salt and 2 tbs of jojoba oil
- Stir it thoroughly and put the mixture result on to the affected areas
- Massage gently in a circular motion for several minutes
- Clean it with wastewater and do a light tap the skin dry
- You can do this activity twice a week.
3. Jojoba oil salve
Another treatment that you can do to cure keratosis pilaris is by using jojoba oil salve. This salve will help you to lower the immense keratin production, conceal the damaged skin and also moisturize the skin. You can create and keep it for around 6 up to 8 months.
- Use double boiler, melt 1 cup of each coconut oil and jojoba oil and 4 tbs of beeswax.
- After melted, add half tsp of vitamin e oil and stir it thoroughly
- Take away the flame and add 6 drops of lemon oil, 8 drops of melaleuca and 10 drops of lavender oil.
- Stir it again and pour it into a glass
- Put a paper towel on it and let it until it solidifies (it may take more than 6 hours)
- Do it twice up to three times a day on the affected areas to get the maximum benefit of jojoba oil for keratosis pilaris.