You may have heard about keratosis pilaris, but not many of you know the benefit of lemon juice for keratosis pilaris treatment. Keratosis pilaris is a kind of genetic diseases that includes skin infection up to keratin accumulation. Even though it does not trigger other health disorders, it is a must to do treatment due to cosmetic reasons. The lack of particular treatment availability unlike in certain disease such as cancer, makes people to do a shortcut treatment using home remedies for curing keratosis pilaris. However, still the choice of using home remedies has to be taken wisely so that you are able to cure the disease as soon as possible. People with keratosis pilaris should exfoliate and cleanse the skin regularly. One of the recommended home remedies that you can do is by consuming lemon juice. Below are several facts related with benefit of lemon juice for keratosis pilaris that you should know.
Benefit of lemon juice for keratosis pilaris
- lemon juice plays as an excellent cleansing as well as exfoliating medium
- lemon juice naturally cleanses the skin and ward off dead cells
3 easy ways to use lemon juice for keratosis pilaris
1. Lemon juice plus honey
It will be simplest way to cure keratosis pilaris using lemon juice. What you need to do is simply combine the lemon juice and honey with 1:3 ratio and apply it on the affected areas. Lastly, let it sit for around an hour or so and then rinse the lotion off with warm water.
2. Lemon juice plus coconut oil
Other substances that can help reducing the keratosis pilaris is coconut oil. It contains essential fatty acids that will penetrate deep into the skin and later moisturizes your skin. Other substances called as the lauric acid will be very helpful to avoid the hair follicles clog by breaking down the keratin buildup. In addition, this substance has anti-inflammatory as well as antibacterial properties which lower the inflammation and reduce the redness of bumps. Below are the steps to apply
- Stir 1 tbs of sugar to 2 tbs of coconut oil
- Smear this on the affected area
- Gently massage for several minutes
- To get better results, you can add 1 tbs each of honey and lemon juice to this scrub mix
- Cleanse it thoroughly and do this treatment in a regular basis
3. Mix lemon juice, sugar and olive oil
Lemon juice and sugar is a perfect mixture remedy to cure keratosis pilaris. Not only will it make your skin glowing and smooth but also remove dead skin. It will tighten the skin while it removes the dead skin. This mixture will be more perfect by giving additional substances using jojoba oil since it contains vitamin E that will maintain your skin healthy affected by keratosis pilaris. Below are the steps you can do to start this treatment
- Add 3 tbs of sugar to 1 tbs of jojoba oil
- Put lemon juice of half lemon and mix them well
- Clean your skin using warm water
- Massage the affected skin gently using sugar oil and lemon mixture
- Cleanse your skin off with warm water and apply jojoba oil.
- You can do this treatment daily and feel the benefit of lemon juice for keratosis pilaris.